Nascida e criada em Portugal. Já morei na Polónia, no Brasil, na República Checa e agora é a Suécia que me acolhe.
O meu blogue, tal como o meu cérebro, é uma mistura de línguas. Bem vindos!

Born and raised Portuguese. I have lived in Poland, Brazil, Czech Republic and now I'm in the beautiful Sweden.
My blog, just like my brain, is a blend of languages. Welcome!

quinta-feira, 25 de janeiro de 2018

Standing out


I saw the add for a workshop about leadership and working with people. It was free and by a guy I had seen before and thought was really good, so I signed up. I deal with a lot of people at work and I'm interested in how people function and saw a great opportunity to learn something. 

And I did.

But instead of a room full of people as expected it was me and 8 others in the room. Including the speaker!
8 other man. 
8 other swedes. 
8 other big bosses. 
And me. 

Talk about standing out! The workshop turned out to be quite interesting and helpful, especially after that first uncomfortable half hour. We learned some things, discussed situations and I met people that wouldn't have otherwise. Another plus is that I have a funny story to tell. After telling my boss he asked me, joking, if I was secretly planning to take over his job! 

I'm not. That was just doing the Sara way, as usual.

6 comentários:

  1. There's always room to learn something new, specially if it's free. I've been doing a lot of workshops at the local library lately as they are free and I just enrol in what I like.
    Here in interviews the interviewer usually asks where you see yourself in 5 or 10 years and whenever my husband would get interviewed he would say to the boss "doing your job". They don't mind and I think it tells them you are a hard worker and ambitious. I wouldn't have the gets to say that though, not that I could do my bosses's work as they are Doctors and I'm highly unqualified to do that job, lol.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. I agree with you and I'll never grow tired of learning something new. I guess that answer doesn't really work for all the jobs and I'm not sure I would say that even if it fit in mine, but kudos for those who reply that!

      Eliminar
  2. Fazes tu muito bem em ir aprender coisas novas apesar de fora da zona de conforto.
    Eu também tento ir a workshops de vez em quanto apesar da agenda muito cheia do trabalho... ajuda a cabeça a permanecer activa ;)

    ResponderEliminar

Adorava saber das vossas voltas. Escrevam!
I would love to hear more about you. Feel free to comment!